The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning oversees campus-wide assessment efforts, strategic planning, and accreditation processes. Working collaboratively with faculty and staff, the office uses the information and data gathered through these processes to inform institutional decision making, program development, and quality improvement initiatives.
Institutional Effectiveness & Planning
Guiding students to succeed through personal instruction and intellectual inquiry
- Social responsibility
- Nurture a campus culture to embrace all individuals with compassion, civility, and respect
- Gather a demographically diverse student body embracing differences in ethnicity, gender, culture, economic status, and regional and national origin
- Extend access to higher education to students from all educational backgrounds with support to achieve success
- Ensure high academic standards in all baccalaureate, graduate, and professional programs
- Recruit and retain a dedicated, diverse staff and faculty well educated and current in their fields
- Focus curricula on developing interdisciplinary analytical and communicative skills, historical and cultural awareness, and critical and creative thinking
- Maintain a safe, healthy campus environment conducive to learning and research based on academic freedom, innovative teaching, and intellectual inquiry
- Expand opportunities for applying academic learning in real-world settings and study abroad
- Support extracurricular activities to develop teamwork and leadership in arts, academics, and athletics
- Promote civic engagement through service to the community, special programming for the common good, continuing education for career development, and facilities for public gatherings
2017-2022 Strategic Plan
Our Education programs are accredited by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
The Missouri Valley College Athletic Training Program is currently accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE), 6850 Austin Center Blvd., Suite 100, Austin, TX 78731-3101. The program has chosen to Voluntarily Withdraw its CAATE Accreditation effective June 2020.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Missouri Valley College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org), 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington DC 20001, (202)887-6791.
Saline County Career Center Practical Nursing Program
Lex La-Ray Technical Center Practical Nursing Program
Cottey College Associate of Fine Arts Program
Student Outcome Data