The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning oversees campus-wide assessment efforts, strategic planning, and accreditation processes. Working collaboratively with faculty and staff, the office uses the information and data gathered through these processes to inform institutional decision making, program development, and quality improvement initiatives. The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Missouri Valley College has been granted conditional approval by the Missouri State Board of Nursing, 3605 Missouri Blvd, Jefferson City, MO 65109.
Institutional Effectiveness & Planning
Our Mission & Vision
Guiding students to succeed through personal instruction and intellectual inquiry.
Known for its dynamic, richly diverse, and friendly educational environment, Missouri Valley College offers many opportunities to grow in mind, body, and spirit. Faculty are personally and professionally engaged in preparing thoughtful citizens for meaningful lives and careers. Grounded in the liberal arts, undergraduate and graduate studies empower students to master interdisciplinary skills needed to succeed in a knowledge-based global society. Stewardship of resources will sustain innovative teaching to stimulate critical thinking, creativity, aesthetic appreciation, and the joys of lifelong learning.
- Social responsibility
- Nurture a campus culture to embrace all individuals with compassion, civility, and respect
- Gather a demographically diverse student body embracing differences in ethnicity, gender, culture, economic status, and regional and national origin
- Extend access to higher education to students from all educational backgrounds with support to achieve success
- Ensure high academic standards in all baccalaureate, graduate, and professional programs
- Recruit and retain a dedicated, diverse staff and faculty well educated and current in their fields
- Focus curricula on developing interdisciplinary analytical and communicative skills, historical and cultural awareness, and critical and creative thinking
- Maintain a safe, healthy campus environment conducive to learning and research based on academic freedom, innovative teaching, and intellectual inquiry
- Expand opportunities for applying academic learning in real-world settings and study abroad
- Support extracurricular activities to develop teamwork and leadership in arts, academics, and athletics
- Promote civic engagement through service to the community, special programming for the common good, continuing education for career development, and facilities for public gatherings
2022-2025 Strategic Plan