MVC Students Win Awards From Missouri Broadcast Educators Association
Missouri Valley College students recently received awards from the Missouri Broadcast Educators Association (MBEA). This organization is made up of radio and TV broadcast departments from 16 colleges and universities across the state of Missouri. Each year, students enter audio and video projects that are judged by professionals in the industry. The awards will be presented at a ceremony on Saturday, April 13 in Springfield on the Missouri State University campus.
Missouri Valley College received four awards for KMVC-FM and six awards for KMVC-TV; the most awards ever won by MVC. There were 27 categories with 57 winners from 12 different schools.
Missouri Valley’s communication students brought home the following awards:
- Audio AirCheck: Anna Babiak Show, Anna Babiak, second place
- Audio Documentary: The Long Road from California to Valley, interview by Sevanny Campos, second place
- Audio News Story: From Music to Beer (The Logboat Story), Amber Tabeling, second place
- Audio Public Service Announcement: Suicide Prevention, Anna Babiak, first place
- Video Hard News: Visiting Artist Story, Alex Perez, first place
- Multi-Camera Non Sports Live Event: Graduation 2018, first place
- Multi-Camera Live Sports Event: Men’s Basketball vs. Baker University, first place
- Video Sports Package: Jesse Pope; Rodeo, Marissa Mastrovalerio, second place
- Video Sports Package: NAIA National Championship Soccer, Marissa Mastrovalerio, third place
- Video Sports Package: Around the Table with Tabeling; Story on Basketball Player Bobby Collins, Amber Tabeling, first place
“We are proud of our mass comm students and the hard work they have put in,” said Chaz Maddi, KMVC-TV Manager and Instructor of Broadcast. “It’s a lot of hours, and a lot of effort, but this kind of recognition from the judges, who work in mass media, underscores the progress our program continues to make and the direction in which we are headed.”
For more information on the MVC mass communication department, visit moval.edu.