There is a heavy reliance on software engineers in today’s technology-rich climate—and this need for skilled tech professionals is only expected to grow. In fact, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) expects 189,200 job openings for software engineers each year through the year 2031.
Job Outlook for Software Engineers
The need for skilled professional software engineers grows daily. The BLS reports that jobs for software engineers are expected to increase by 25% nationwide through the year 2031. This is five times higher than the average rate of growth expected across all occupations.
According to Indeed, the mean yearly salary for a software engineer is $108,722, with professionals with less than a year of experience making an average of $101,591. In contrast, professionals with six to nine years of experience earn an average of $119,384.
What You Will Learn
In our Software Engineering Boot Camp, you will explore:
- Basic programming concepts
- Web development fundamental languages and tools such as HTML & CSS
- How to gain full command on version control system i.e., Git / Github
- Use of the full functions of Bootstrap to improve website aesthetics
- Integration of database programming into websites using MySQL & Node.js
- Application of programming and web design concepts in real-life situations
- Concepts that will allow you to pass the CompTIA ITF+ exam
- Solutions to common problems faced by software development professionals
- Development of a systematic engineering approach to software development