Financial Aid Information for International Students

If you are not a citizen or an eligible non-citizen of the U.S., you are not eligible for federal student aid. However, you may be eligible for state or college aid.

Generally, you are an eligible non-citizen if you are:

  • a U.S. permanent resident and you have an Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-551);
  • a conditional permanent resident (I-551C);
  • an other eligible non-citizen with an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service showing any one of the following designations: “Refugee”, “Asylum Granted,” “Indefinite Parole,” “Humanitarian Parole,” or “Cuban-Haitian Entrant.”

Helpful Resources

Studying in the United States

The TOEFL Study Guide