The mission of Graduate Studies at Missouri Valley College is to provide educational opportunities for advanced study at the master’s degree level to prepare students for professional careers and lifelong learning. Graduate Studies promotes excellence in instruction, research, and public service to enhance the intellectual, professional, and personal growth of students, faculty, and the community.
- Recruit and retain a strong and diverse graduate faculty
- Recruit and retain a strong and diverse graduate student population
- Provide adequate library resources
- Foster an interactive and collaborative relationship with the community
- Broaden weekend and evening offerings for the convenience of working and nontraditional students
- Review on a continuous basis learning outcomes, instructional quality, and administrative processes
- Develop new graduate programs according to need
Graduate Studies at Missouri Valley College have been formulated to promote the development of the student within the mission and goals of the College. Educational policy is intended to ensure the academic growth of the student within a framework of social, physical, and spiritual growth. Because of the need for consistency and uniformity of application, all exceptions must be approved by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
Students are responsible for meeting the requirements for graduation as set forth in their program’s handbook. Students are responsible for reviewing their program handbook and ensuring they comply with the program’s requirements. If a subsequent decision is made to follow a later Catalog, the requirements of the new catalog shall be met. Any student who returns after a year or more of absence will be required to follow the current Catalog.