Austin Setter (he/him/his) is an assistant professor of history and education. Before coming to Missouri Valley College, he taught at Hutchinson Community College, Lake Michigan College, and Western Michigan University. Setter’s research interests deal primarily with the intersections of social, cultural, and intellectual history. His historical research explores historical culture, community identity, historiography, the history of education, and the history of academic disciplines. His educational research focuses on history curriculum and pedagogy, teacher preparation programs, faculty affairs, student activism, comparative systems of education, academic free speech, and both undergraduate and graduate program development.
- MA in Higher Education, University of Michigan
- MA in History, Western Michigan University
- BA in Anthropology, Wichita State University
- BA in History, Wichita State University
- AS in Pre-Education, Hutchinson Community College