Missouri Valley College Intramural Sports Program provides an opportunity for MVC students, faculty, and staff to participate in a wide variety of sports competition and physical activities. The program is designed to meet the needs and abilities of all participants in order to facilitate a total educational experience.
The Missouri Valley College Intramural Program has seven principal objectives:
- To provide an opportunity for leisure-time participation in organized
sports and recreational activities.
- To allow for social interaction.
- To encourage the development of a permanent interest in sports and
- To foster a feeling of belonging to a group by providing the opportunity
to work together in a recreational situation.
- To develop a healthy body along with an alert mind.
- To provide a healthy outlet for emotional and mental stress.
- To develop good sportsmanship towards officials and opponents.
The intramural program offers menís, womenís and coed activities in individual and team sports. The program is designed to serve all skill and experience levels. It gives students the chance to play a favorite sport or one they have always wanted to try but never had the opportunity. Intramural sports offers:
- Flag Football
- Indoor Volleyball
- Sand Volleyball
- Basketball (3 on 3 and 5 on 5)
- Home Run Derby
In addition, special tournaments or competitions are held in sports such as 3 on 3 and 5 on 5 double elimination basketball tournament, weekend softball rally and indoor soccer double elimination. Winning teams receive their name on the plaques across from Campus Life and are also in the Delta School Newspaper.
Students become involved in the intramural program by representing a living group or organization on campus, or by contacting the intramural department to be placed on a team. Almost every living group and organization on campus is represented in some type of intramural activity. Intramurals are truly for everyone and another way to participate in the Missouri Valley College experience.