Greek Life - IFC Constitution & By
- There are two types of IFC Membership.
Full Members include current fraternities on campus. Associate members would
include any new fraternity that established a colony or interest group on
the MVC campus
- Article 3, Section 2 describes standing.
Loss of good standing may result in loss of full membership privileges.
- Article 4, Section 1 E, discusses
IFC meting attendance. It assesses a warning for missing one meeting and a
$4 per active fine for missing the second meeting. Voting rights are reinstated
once the fine is paid. The fine money will go into an IFC account.
- Officers are discussed in article
three of the by laws. There will be a president, vice president, treasurer
and secretary. These duties will rotate annually between each fraternity.
These offices have no power over each other; they are in place to carry out
the administrative duties of the IFC. Officers must have a 2.0 and be in good
standing with the college and IFC
- Activities are discussed in Article
1 of the by laws. Any activity (party, rush event, service event, etc.) must
be approved 72 hours before the event. All activities must follow fraternity
risk management policy.
- Rosters must be submitted on the first
and last week of each semester. Pledge rosters must be submitted on bid night
and before pledge initiation.
- Awards are described in Article 5
of the by-laws. These will be given at the end of each academic year.
- Discipline is also discussed in this
section. Incidents that occur that are in direct violation of IFC constitution
and By Laws will be handled by the IFC and Greek Advisor
- Rush has temporarily been left for discuss among IFC members.