Warning: include(_includes/greekphotos.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in W:\inetpub\website\student_affairs\greek\ifcconst.php on line 4
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '_includes/greekphotos.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in W:\inetpub\website\student_affairs\greek\ifcconst.php on line 4
Greek Life - IFC Constitution & By Laws Overview
- There are two types of IFC Membership. Full Members include current fraternities on campus. Associate members would include any new fraternity that established a colony or interest group on the MVC campus
- Article 3, Section 2 describes standing. Loss of good standing may result in loss of full membership privileges.
- Article 4, Section 1 E, discusses IFC meting attendance. It assesses a warning for missing one meeting and a $4 per active fine for missing the second meeting. Voting rights are reinstated once the fine is paid. The fine money will go into an IFC account.
- Officers are discussed in article three of the by laws. There will be a president, vice president, treasurer and secretary. These duties will rotate annually between each fraternity. These offices have no power over each other; they are in place to carry out the administrative duties of the IFC. Officers must have a 2.0 and be in good standing with the college and IFC
- Activities are discussed in Article 1 of the by laws. Any activity (party, rush event, service event, etc.) must be approved 72 hours before the event. All activities must follow fraternity risk management policy.
- Rosters must be submitted on the first and last week of each semester. Pledge rosters must be submitted on bid night and before pledge initiation.
- Awards are described in Article 5 of the by-laws. These will be given at the end of each academic year.
- Discipline is also discussed in this section. Incidents that occur that are in direct violation of IFC constitution and By Laws will be handled by the IFC and Greek Advisor
- Rush has temporarily been left for discuss among IFC members.