- Missouri State Licensure Exam Regulations
- MVC School of Nursing Application
- Reference Forms
- Resume Example
- Nursing GPA Calculator
Professional Nursing Education Program Requirements and Application Procedures:
- 1. Admittance to Missouri Valley College
- 2. A minimum of Sophomore status at time of starting the program. Students are encouraged to apply to the program by February 1 of their freshman year or the year in which they anticipate starting in the nursing program.
- 3. Completion of the BSN, RN degree program does not guarantee licensure or eligibility to take the licensure exam. Please review the regulations regarding eligibility to take the Missouri State Licensure exam here.
- 4. MVC School of Nursing Application (applications fee of $25)
- 5. Short topical essay and math exam to be completed day of applicant interview.
- 6. Three completed reference forms. At least one of the forms must be from a Registered Nurse and one of the forms must be from a college professor.
- 7. Professional resume (example) including any health-related experiences (job-shadowing, fellowships, current CNA/EMT certification, etc.), academic awards (college and high school) and extra-curricular activities including memberships and officer roles in organizations (college and high-school).
- 8. Students previously enrolled in a nursing program (RN or LPN) at a different institution should also provide a letter from the Director of the program verifying student status at time of departure. The letter must be on institutional letterhead with Director/Dean contact information included.
- 9. It is highly recommended that students attempt to obtain a health-related job experience of some type prior to the nursing application process. Students with at least some minimal health care experience (either job-shadowing or actual work experience) will have a significant advantage both in the continuation of coursework in nursing and the application process.
- 10. Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75, including coursework from other institutions (transfer students must provide official college transcripts to Missouri Valley College Registrar's office from ALL colleges/universities attended if not currently on file). Nursing GPA Calculator
- 11. Interview with the selection committee. Interviewees will be selected the week after the deadline and letters of invitation to interview will be mailed no later than ten days after the application deadline. Interviews will be conducted the last week of February.
- 12. International students and ESL students must have completed the TOEFL exam PRIOR TO submission of the application and provide evidence of scores with the application.
- 13. All Materials Must Be Submitted To The Director Of Nursing Education By Feb. 1.
- 14. Students will be notified no later than April 1 of their admission status.
Completion of program prerequisite courses with a “C” or better by the time the student would begin the program in the Fall:
|BI 124/5 Human Biology/Lab||4|
|BI/EX 255 Human Anatomy & Physiology||4|
|CH 111 General Chemistry I
(Core II – Science)
|NR 110 Introduction to Nursing||3|
|MA 200 Introduction to Statistics||3|
|MA150 or higher||3|
|PY 100 Introduction to Psychology||3|
Please Contact Tonya Eddy for any questions.
Tonya Eddy, PhDc, RN