Registrar's Office - Graduation Requirements
The Paper Trail...
To be completed the semester prior to your final two semesters. The plan should be mapped out exactly and signed by the student and the academic advisor. The plan is to be turned in to the registrar’s office.
Completed by the Registrar’s Office staff and sent to the student. The Final Year Graduation Plan/Application for graduation must be turned in for a Degree Audit to be completed.
To be completed during the final semester on campus and returned to the Registrar’s office. If the student plans on being away during the final semester (internship), the form should be completed prior to departing campus. The form must be signed by the academic advisor, division dean, business office, campus life and financial aid.
Final Year Graduation Plan/Application for Graduation - Two semesters prior to anticipated graduation.
Degree Audit - The semester prior to graduation.
Departmental Approval - The semester of graduation.
Missouri Valley College holds a graduation ceremony once a year in May. Students eligible to participate in the ceremony are students that completed all degree requirements the previous December, students scheduled to complete the degree requirements in May and students that are within 6 hours (or an internship) of completing the degree requirements in the summer.
- Complete 128 credit hours with a grade point average of not less than 2.0.
- Satisfy the General Education Core Curriculum.
- Pass a course of study and examination of the Constitutions of the United States and the State of Missouri by completing either HS 104, HS 105, or PS 100.
- Complete an academic major with a grade point of at least 2.0, with no grade less than “C”, and no pass/fail grades in the major.
- Complete in residence the last 30 credit hours.
- Complete 40 semester hours of upper division courses.
- Satisfy the final year graduation plan worked out during the junior year with the student’s advisor and approved by the Registrar.
- Complete the major assessment requirement.
- Merit the recommendation of the faculty.
- Pay graduation fee of $100.
Seniors who have completed a minimum of 60 graded hours in residence at Missouri Valley College are eligible for graduation honors based on the following overall grade point averages:
3.90-4.00 — Summa Cum Laude
3.70-3.89 — Magna Cum Laude
3.50-3.69 — Cum Laude
To understand the graduation requirements.
To keep the Registrar’s Office informed of any address changes.
That completing your graduation requirements and paperwork is your responsibility.
That you shouldn’t wait until the last minute to check your progress.
To regularly check your moval.edu email address.