Missouri Valley College School of Nursing Acceptance Requirements
The MVC Nursing Program offers educational opportunities to students who have the interest, desire, and work ethic to pursue a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Nursing. Once accepted into the nursing program, the student will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining a "B" or above in all prerequisite course work.
- Maintaining a "B" or above in all nursing course work, theory and clinical.
- Assuring all prerequisites are completed prior to the first day of Fall nursing course work.
- Confirming enrollment in any required prerequisite courses and submitting paperwork no later than April 15.
- Maintaining a cumulative GPA of a 2.75 or above for entry into the program.
- Submitting the $600.00 one-time program fee by May 30th, to secure your position in the program. This fee is non-refundable and will be applied to future program needs/items. If this fee is not received, it is assumed you are not accepting your selection into the program. This fee can't be paid with financial aid.
- Submitting the completed acceptance or decline form is due by May 30.
- Completing the background check by June 15.
- Providing proof of malpractice insurance by July 1. While the school does not endorse or dictate which insurance the student uses, the Nursing Service Organization (NSO) has policies that are comparable to others on the market.
- Completing the necessary immunizations and the health physical and submitting all documents the SON personnel no later than July 1.
- Completing the Certified Background registration online by June 15. (Instructions are found in your acceptance packet.)
- Completing a 9-panel drug screen. This drug screen panel is due by July 1 from a credited/certified agency/body.
- Providing proof of current CPR certification through May of the first year of the nursing program. All students must be CPR certified and hold a current license to enter the clinical setting. The student is responsible for maintaining American Heart Healthcare provider CPR certification. If you are not current in CPR certification, you must contact the Clinical Coordinator immediately.
- Having and maintaining a wireless laptop computer necessary for course work. The School of Nursing building does have wireless capabilities.
- All requirements must be met before entering the nursing program.
For more information about our program, please review the BSN Student Handbook.