Music Department - Valley Connection
Auditions for 2012-2013 Valley Connection
OPEN TO ALL
DATE: Wednesday, August 22
TIME: 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
PLACE: MR 100, Morrison Fine Arts Bldg.
Vocal Auditions: 2:00-2:45
- Dress neatly
- 16-24 bar vocal selection from the Broadway/Pop genre. Choose something that best demonstrates your vocal ability/range/stage persence/etc. Selection MUST be memorized and will be performed a capella.
- Brief sight-reading/part work
Dance Auditions: 3:00-4:00
- Dress in comfortable clothing - wear appropriate dance shoes or socks
- Choreography will be taught - be ready to learn quickly
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Students who are willing to make a year-long commitment to this group
- Students who are flexible, who have good stage presence, who have singing ability/background, who can maintain their vocal part, and who can learn choreography quickly (or will work hard to learn and keep up)
- Students who love to perform
- Students who are willing to work as a team/ensemble
- Students who work well with others
- Students who make positive contributions to the group
- Students who are willing to work hard enough to help this group be the best they can be
- Students who are willing to work outside of class
The 2012-2013 group will be announced through email after dance auditions.
First class rehearsal will be Friday, August 24.