Congratulations to the MVC ATP Quiz Bowl team for taking 7th place at the National Athletic Training Quiz Bowl!
Congratulations to Tarrah Sweet for receiving a NATA Foundation Scholarship for 2013!
Congratulations to Ben Snyder and Jami Mayberry for passing their BOC exams!
Athletic Training Program
The Missouri Valley College Athletic Training Program is committed to providing personalized and diverse classroom experiences and clinical opportunities designed to prepare Athletic Training Students for careers as Certified Athletic Trainers. Embedded throughout the curriculum, students are challenged to develop intellectually and become professionally engaged so that they may master the skills and knowledge necessary to become effective and successful practitioners eligible to sit for the Board Certification (BOC) examination.
Athletic Training Major
The Missouri Valley College Athletic Training Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) through the 2021-2022 academic year. Athletic Training students who successfully complete both the academic and clinical requirements of the Missouri Valley College Athletic Training Education Program will earn a Bachelor's of Science in Athletic Training and are eligible to sit for the BOC exam to become a Certified Athletic Trainer.
- To provide and retain a dedicated, diverse faculty that is well qualified to teach, model and guide students through the process of becoming an Athletic Trainer.
- To prepare students to become members of a responsible citizenry through liberal learning, critical thinking and academic excellence.
- To provide a baccalaureate education that prepares the student for a career in athletic training or graduate study.
- To provide academic and career counseling. To offer appropriate advising, counseling and strategies that will assist students in meeting prerequisites for gaining entry into graduate or professional programs, or to obtain employment in the athletic training profession.
- To instill the values of education as a lifelong process of discovery and enlightenment.
- To promote professionalism through student membership in the National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA), attendance, and activate participation at educational conferences and symposiums.
- To provide educational opportunities with a variety of health care professionals in traditional and emerging athletic training employment settings.
- Promote civic engagement through community service and career development.