Calendar & Events
September 15th Viking JV Football Scrimmage-Viking Bowl I
September 15th Viking Women's Soccer @ McKendree University @ 2 p.m.
September 15th Viking Golf @ Central Methodist University @ 9 a.m.
September 16th Viking Women's Volleyball vs. Benedictine College @ 7 p.m.
Tryout Info and Requirements
April 26th 1-4pm
We do individual and video tryouts at MVC. I like the one-on-one experience and feel as though I get a better impression of who you are as a person. Please email me to set up a time for a campus visit and tryout. I can also do video tryouts for people that are too far away to visit.
- Double or triple pirouettes (Right and Left) with proper technique
- A turn sequence (dancers choice) consisting of
- At least one 8 count of turns in second
- One double pirouette
- Must end in a jump
- Jumps – Level, Pointed Toes, Correct Execution
- Strong motion placement and advanced understanding of dance technique
- Three or more of the following
- Disc jump
- Turning C jump
- Firebird leap
- Double axel (either side)
- Switch side and/or center
- Tilt or switch tilt jumps
- Walkovers (front or back)
- Any other acrobatic/tumbling skills (ie, Back Handsprings, Head springs, any variation of flips)
- Single pirouette (Right and Left)
- Strong motion placement and basic understanding of dance technique
- Minimum of 90 degree kicks and at least level leaps/jumps
- Dance/perform at home football and basketball games
- NAIA Eligibility
- Study Tables
- Desire to grow
- Steady growth of ability and knowledge
Interested in being a Valley Girl? Fill out the prospective athlete questionnaire at http://www.moval.edu/athletics/dance/d_questionnaire.php or contact Coach Lyming at firstname.lastname@example.org