Missouri Valley College invites you to join in the celebration of Homecoming by participating in the 2018 Homecoming Parade!
The Parade is Saturday, October 6 at 9 a.m. The route begins on North Street and heads west towards the Square. The parade proceeds around the square and then heads east on Arrow. Once all the way around, the route continues to go right at the stop light down Odell. We follow Odell South and turn left on College Street. We process past the MVC Columns to Conway Street where we turn right on Conway and the parade ends. The announcement of the winners will be made at half time of the football game. The schedule of events is available online: http://www.moval.edu/alumni/homecoming/
It is important that all entries pay close attention to the theme criteria. Entries that are not consistent with promotion of the theme will be denied approval to participate in the parade. The theme for this year’s parade is “FOLLOW THE STARS HOME” . In support of the theme, ALL participants must comply with entries that incorporate one, or all, of the following:
- A representation of our Viking traditions and Valley Pride.
- Constellations, starry night, stars, maps, returning Home (Campus)
- Reuniting with family and friends
Follow these simple steps to be part of the Homecoming Parade:
- Review Homecoming Parade Entry Form and Guidelines
- Complete and Submit Homecoming Parade Community Application to the Alumni Office
By e-mail (save a tree!) // email@example.com
MVC Alumni Office Attn: Jennifer Hiller
Homecoming Parade Entry
500 E. College Street
Marshall, MO 65340
Participation Requirements for Missouri Valley College 2018 Homecoming Parade
- Entry MUST conform to the parade theme and include a celebration of MVC spirit. You are allowed to interpret the theme in your design, but all interpretations are subject to the approval of the Parade Review Committee.
- All entries must travel the entire length of the parade. (See route)
- Towed entries must have a rigid hitch and safety chains and follow all traffic laws.
- All parade vehicles (except those entered by licensed dealers) must be street licensed.
- No wheelies or stunting is permitted.
- Parade entries that can be powered by energy efficient means (horses, bicycles, economy cars, roller skates, etc.) are encouraged, but not required.
- Any group or individual in violation of the guidelines is subject to removal from the parade
- All parade participants MUST complete a Release of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement BEFORE the parade begins.
Parade Contact Information:
For any questions prior to the parade, please contact the alumni office at 660-831-4006 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Again, we would like to thank you for your participation in this growing tradition. We look forward to enjoying the Homecoming festivities with you.
Valley Will Roll!
Director of Alumni Programs