Feb.6th & 7th, 2015
Missouri Valley College awards fifteen scholarships to outstanding young men and women who are selected from the Honor Scholars Program. Five Presidentís Scholarships in the amount of Full-Tuition ($18,500) and ten Deanís Scholarships in the amount seventy-five percent tuition ($13,875) are awarded each year.
- Submit an official high school transcript showing a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or Higher.
- Submit an official ACT composite score of 25 or higher, or an official SAT score of at least 1190 (critical reading and math only)
- Be granted admissions as an incoming freshman to Missouri Valley College for the upcoming school year.
- Submit RSVP two weeks prior to the event
The Competition Weekend consists of Friday's competition, and the option for an overnight stay with a scholarsí dinner. Along with being able to compete for an incredible four-year scholarship, students have the opportunity to:
- Stay overnight with a student host in one of our residence halls
- Audition with the Music, Art, Dance and Theatre Department
- Meet outstanding students from all over the country
- Preview our Academic Departments and meet with faculty members
The Academic Competition
We will have one of two days that you can compete for these prestigious scholarships, either Friday, Feb 5th or Saturday, Feb 6th. Awards are based on:
- Student Resume with a Letter of Recommendation
- An on-site essay based on 3-5 prompts
- A 20-minute interview with 2 faculty members, administrators, or board members / Alumni.