Calendar & Events
August 16th St. Louis Cardinals Social
August 27th Viking Pride Day!
September 8th Title IX/ Crisis Response
September 8th Blood Drive
September 17th Celebrating 125
News & Highlights
Morrison Fine Arts Building
Built in 1922
Morrison Fine Arts Building formally known as the Morrison Gymnasium, was built in 1922 through a gift provied by Mr. and Mrs. Robert T. Morrison, both alumni of the College. Mr. Morrison also served as a member of the Board of Trustees. Since that time, Morrison has housed the physical education faculty offices as well as classrooms and locker rooms. It is also used for dance and band courses.
On the southwest corner of the quadrangle stands the former Morrison Gymnasium, which now provides offices, classrooms, and studio space for programs in music and dance. On most days the building rings with the sound of music, including strains from a new Roland ® KR 105 Digital Intelligent Piano with top-quality piano sound, DigiScore, a touchtone interface, Visual Music Assistant, and other cool hi-tech features.
Dedicated on October 11, 1922, by the Missouri Synod of the Presbyterian Church, USA, the building is a gift of Mr. and Mrs. Robert T. Morrison, who were both students here, he later serving on the Board of Trustees. Families form the heart of Missouri Valley College, the Morrisons eminent among them. Their daughter, Alice Morrison Mitchell, became the wife of Bourne Mitchell and the sister-in-law of Boone Gregg, donors of the nearby football stadium.
Up the stairs at the east entrance lies the large suspended wooden gym floor long used for intramural sports, cheerleading practice, and various other student activities. Downstairs is the new dance floor, built with a generous gift from alumnus Jon Morris and his wife Dawnna.