Calendar & Events
June 15th Fine Arts Camp
October 23rd Homecoming 2015
News & Highlights
J & D Morris Dance Studio
On the southwest corner of the quadrangle stands the former Morrison Gymnasium, which now provides offices, classrooms, and studio space for programs in music and dance. On most days the building rings with the sound of music, including strains from a new Roland ® KR 105 Digital Intelligent Piano with top-quality piano sound, DigiScore, a touchtone interface, Visual Music Assistant, and other cool hi-tech features.
Dedicated on October 11, 1922, by the Missouri Synod of the Presbyterian Church, USA, the building is a gift of Mr. and Mrs. Robert T. Morrison, who were both students here, he later serving on the Board of Trustees. Families form the heart of Missouri Valley College, the Morrisons eminent among them. Their daughter, Alice Morrison Mitchell, became the wife of Bourne Mitchell and the sister-in-law of Boone Gregg, donors of the nearby football stadium.
Up the stairs at the east entrance lies the large suspended wooden gym floor long used for intramural sports, cheerleading practice, and various other student activities. Downstairs is the new dance floor, built with a generous gift from alumnus Jon Morris and his wife Dawnna.